2019 Active Sailing Cruises in the Cyclades from Mykonos and Santorini
Are you alone or with a group? Are you an experienced sailor or do you have little or no sailing experience?
These cabin cruises are for you:
- Each participant is fully part of the crew and can participate in steering the boat and in life on board. Sailing experience is not required. Our skippers have a good knowledge of the Greek Islands and will advise you and guide you in sailing through the Cyclades.
- During this trip you will discover the traditional Greece: many places to visit, small fishing ports, taverns, varying mooring places … and sailing!
- The Cyclades, located in the centre of the Aegean Sea, are very famous for their rich cultural history. Far from overcrowded tourist places with a sense of escape, you will discover GREECE in a different way …
- Everyone will, like true crew-members, be involved in sailing and participate in all the everyday life activities on board. Sailing experience is not required. Our skippers have extensive knowledge of the Greek Islands and are excellent guides.
CYCLADES – 1-week Sailing Cruise MYKONOS-MYKONOS (Sunday – Sunday)
Mykonos – Paros – Antiparos – Sifnos – Serifos – Syros – Delos/Mykonos
CYCLADES – 1-week Sailing Cruise SANTORINI – SANTORINI (Sunday – Sunday)
Santorini – Folegandros – Sikinos – Ios – The Small Cyclades – Amorgos – Santorini
Itineraries are given for orientation but may be changed according weather conditions
Schedules and Prices
Single supplement: +70% (cabin not shared)
Children’s fares: 70% (7 to 12 years)
In these prices are included:
Your lodgings aboard, bedding & linen and the services of the skipper.
An on-board kitty is set up for the meals aboard and at the taverns (skipper included), port fees, water, fuel and at the end cleaning of the boat: about 270.- EUR/week (children 7-12 years 50%).
It does not include the transfers, car or motorbike rentals, visits of sites and museums and consumption at the bar.
- Low Season: before 6 July and from 24 August 620.- EUR per person
- High Season: from 6 July to 24 August 740.- EUR per person
Sailing Cruise Itinerary MYKONOS – MYKONOS
- Sunday: Mykonos
Embarkation at 6 PM at the new marina of Mykonos, Tourlos (meeting point at “Matthew’s tavern” at the entrance of the marina). Then a welcome aboard the sailing yacht and presentation of the crew. Possibility to visit Mykonos Town, the most cosmopolitan place of the Cyclades, famous for its windmills, pelicans and its nightlife. Meal at the tavern in the evening.
- Monday: Mykonos / Paros, 25 miles (4-5 hours of sailing).
Sailing along Delos – the largest archaeological site in the Cyclades dedicated to Apollo. Anchoring in the remote bay of Rhinia for swimming and lunch. In the late afternoon arrival at the marina of Naoussa at Paros. Visit and walk through this charming Cycladic village with Venetian history. Evening meal at a tavern by the sea.
- Tuesday: Paros / Antiparos, 20 miles (4 hours of sailing).
Departure in the morning, sailing between Paros and Antiparos, with a stop halfway at a creek for swimming and lunch. In the late afternoon anchorage in a sheltered remote bay – one of the most protected of the Cyclades. Walk on the wild and uninhabited small island Despotiko. The evening meal on board.
- Wednesday: Antiparos / Sifnos, 18 miles (3-4 hours of sailing).
Departure in the morning for Sifnos, arrival at mid-afternoon at Vathi Bay. Very well protected from prevailing winds, with its chapel and its long sandy beach it is one of the most beautiful mooring places in the Cyclades. Do not miss a visit to the beautiful Venetian Kastro (small citadel) on the east coast and the village of Apollonia that stretches on the crest of the island from one end to the other.
- Thursday: Sifnos / Serifos, 20 miles (4 hours of sailing).
After traveling along the west coast of Sifnos, we cross to the island of Serifos. Anchor in the main harbor of the island Livadhi. You may climb up by stairs to Chora, a beautiful village with white painted stairs and houses. On top of this rock you have a fantastic panoramic view of the surrounding islands.
- Friday: Serifos / Syros, 25 miles (5 hours of sailing).
In the late afternoon arrival at Syros, the pearl of Cyclades. Visit to the City Ermoupolis, capital of Cyclades whose name is dedicated to Hermes, the God of commerce but also God of thieves … Beautiful place with neoclassical buildings. The city is famous for its sweets (Loukoumia and Chalvadopita) and its cozy taverns.
- Saturday: Syros / Delos / Mykonos, 20 miles (4 hours of sailing).
The morning before leaving for Mykonos you should make the effort to climb the steps up to the settlement of Ano Syros, the first Catholic village of the Aegean with its narrow alleys and natural fortress – you will have a fantastic view of Ermoupolis Harbour. After about 2.5 hours of sailing we moor at Rhinia (sister island of Delos) and back to Mykonos in the late afternoon.
- Sunday: Mykonos
Tidying up the boat and disembarkation 10 a.m.
Sailing Cruise Itinerary SANTORINI – SANTORINI
- Sunday: Santorini.
Embarkation at Santorini at 6 PM. Meeting point at the tavern “Limanaki” at the entrance to Marina Vlichada.
Welcome aboard of the sailing yacht. Possibility to visit the village of Fira with splendid view to the Caldera … Meal at the tavern.
- Monday: Santorini / Oia / Ios, 25 miles (5 hours of sailing).
Unique experience: sailing in the Caldera of Santorini (ancient collapsed crater). Lunch at noon at the bottom of the hill of Oia village. In the afternoon arrival at Ios island where Homer is buried .. The island has all the elements of a traditional Greek village combined with excellent nightlife, stunning beaches and 365 churches.
- Tuesday: Ios / Folegandros, 20 miles (4 hours of sailing).
In the late morning departure to Folegandros, anchoring in the little port Karavostati. At the top of the hill you will discover the picturesque Cycladic village Chora. Don’t miss a visit to its church dedicated to the Virgin Mary, its medieval castle Kastro and its impressive cliff line. The evening meal in a lively tavern at Chora.
- Wednesday: Folegandros / Sikinos / Small Cyclades, 20 miles (4 hours of sailing).
Sailing downwind close to Sikinos and anchoring around noon in a small bay with swimming and then a meal on board … Heading to the Small Cyclades – a group of islands in the south of Naxos, Iraklia, Skinoussa, Koufounissi…. Anchoring and excursions at these islands barely touched by tourism with magnificent beaches of fine sand and crystal clear waters.
- Thursday: Small Cyclades / Amorgos, 25 miles (5 hours of sailing).
Amorgos – Island of the “Big blue”, arrival in mid afternoon at the Port of Katapola. Visit the village of Chora, which dominates the vast bay of Vathy. Do not miss the monastery of Haroviotissa clinging to the cliff south east of the island, a nice walk with a fantastic panaroma.
- Friday: Amorgos / Ios, 20 miles (4 hours of sailing).
In early afternoon sailing to the beautiful beach Manganari in the south of Ios and mooring in the bay at night. Meals on board or at a tavern.
- Saturday: Ios / Santorini, 30 miles (6 hours of sailing).
Sailing to the island of Anydros. If the weather conditions are good: anchoring and swimming. Back to Marina Vlichada at Santorini and the possibility of organizing a visit to the wine-cellar at Pirgos and tasting the famous wines with their long tradition (1700 BC) as Vinsanto the Assyrtico the Nykteri …
- Sunday: Santorini.
Tidying up the boat and disembarkation 10 a.m. If you wish, the skipper can take care of your transfers from the port tavern Limanaki Vlichada (bus, taxi, rental car…).
What to Bring and Formalities
In any case bring in a soft bag, easy to store:
- Light clothes and garments to protect your skin from sun burn, sun glasses, sun cream, sport shoes (white soles), towels, pullover, sleeping bag (for the early and late season sailing).
- Your passport or identity card and your sailing license (if you have one).
- We can attest your sailing certificate.
You don’t need:
- Blankets, pillow, linens and a towel will be provided.
- Vaccinations are not required.